As gas prices continue to fluctuate in 2015 it is imperative to save a little money here and there. Whether it be cutting down on the candy bars and pop or going out on the internet to find promo codes to use on everyday sites. It seems like there is something everyone can do. The internet has been a great tool these days to find anything from a cheap Apple IPhone to plane tickets to HongKong. When it comes to traveling by bus for any distance there are some ways to save money this year.
Greyhound Bus has discounts for companion fares. What does this mean? Well, Greyhound offers a 50% off ticket to any companion that you might be traveling with. If you have a Student Advantage discount card you are not allowed to combine it with this offer.
The discount card is not just for greyhound bus but does cost money so beware if you are just a one time bus rider or take it for multiple trips a year. If you are interested in the Student Advantage card you can follow this link for more Greyhound Bus discounts.
Greyhound Bus Schedules and Stations. Greyhound updates the schedules daily with updated fares and last minute ticket purchases. You can go to Greyhound’s website to check it out to find your nearest station and it’s schedule. Greyhound also has service in Canada so if you want to travel north of the border there are schedule and coupons that you can use on the same site.
Why take the bus?
If you have never ridden on a Greyhound bus before it is unlike many other busses that you may have seen or been on. They offer comfortable and spacious seating with ample room for your luggage. If you are taking a bus from say Dallas, Texas to Denver, Colorado there will be stops along the way to pick up and drop off passengers. This can also delay your travel so don’t expect to get to a destination as quickly as if you were to drive. But, and this is a big but, you don’t have to worry about driving, you can pick up a book and read, or you can just sit back, relax, and enjoy the scenery.
Things to take with
This should be a stress free journey. Sit back and relax knowing that you have an experienced driver that won’t get lost (or shouldn’t) and will try and make your trip as comfortable as possible. If you need a Greyhound Bus Coupon don’t forgot to come back and check out this site.
- You may want to bring an mp3 player or IPod to pass the time especially if someone brings a child along. Crying babies without headphones to drown out the noise might make your trip a lot longer.
- Bring a book. Ever wanted to finish that trilogy you were working on or never had the time to finish? Well reading on the bus is a great way to pass the time.
- Camera. You never know where your journey might take you. Bring a camera so you don’t miss any great scenery along the way.
- DVD Player. If you have children along with you this is a great way to pass the time. Bring a couple movies and headphone along for the children to watch so you don’t have to babysit them the entire time.
- Road atlas. Use this to see where you are going, where you have passed, and what is coming up. See where some landmarks are around you so that your next trip could be going to see these great sites.
Now that you have your trip planned and know what you need to bring don’t forget to check out this site regularly to get the best greyhound bus coupons.
If you have a smartphone or laptop make sure you check out the destination that you are going to to see what kinds of activities are around. You may also need to look into car rentals for getting around the town once you get to your destination. Bus rides are fun and you can get to see the great American landscape from the comfort of your own seat without worrying about who is driving or needing to pull over to use the restroom. Just remember that the bus usually doesn’t stop to get food so you should bring your own lunch or dinner in case it is a long trip.
Enjoy your trip and remember to take pictures to remember your experience. We can all save a little money by taking the bus and using coupons and promo codes. That way you can have a little more spending money for your trip once you get to your destination or save up for two trips this year. 2013 is shaping up to be a great year for travel so have a great time!